- 2 pounds beef chuck (cut into strips)
- ½ cup cornstarch
- Favorite seasonings- I used Worcestershire, a dash of sesame oil, and my three favorite from Trader Joe’s- green goddess, pink salt and bbq 101- lightly seasoned it
- oil, for deep frying
For the Sauce
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch, diluted in 3 tsp water
- 1 tsp red chili flakes (optional)
- ½ cup green onion, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- Toss the beef strips in cornstarch after seasoning. Make sure the strips are coated evenly with cornstarch.
- Deep fry the beef strips for 4-5 mins, drain the oil and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat oil on high heat setting. Quickly add in the ginger and garlic. Stir quickly for 10 seconds. Immediately add in the soy sauce, water, rice vinegar. Bring the sauce to a quick boil.
- Add in the brown sugar and cornstarch slurry. Mix thoroughly.
- Now add in the beef strips and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the green onions and cook for an additional minute.
- Serve hot with rice.