1 lb Salmon
1 lb jumbo lump crab meat
1/4 tsp Parsley
4 Garlic cloves or minced garlic
1 tsp Lemon, zest
A few dashes sesame oil
3 tsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp Brown sugar
2 tbsp Honey, raw
2 tbsp Avocado oil
1/8 tsp Black pepper
1/4 tsp Paprika, smoked
1/8 tsp Red pepper flakes or Tabasco sauce
1 tbsp Butter, unsalted melted
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with a large enough piece of foil that you could fold over and seal to create a packet later on. Place salmon in the center of the foil.
- Mix everything except crab meat, parsley and Tabasco in bowl
- Season salmon with 3/4 sauce , then place lemon slices on top fold foil up around salmon to create a tent.
- Take reminder sauce and pour over crab and let it sit while salmon cooks
- Place in oven and bake for 10 to 14 minutes or until your desired doneness.
- Remove salmon from oven and turn broiler on HIGH.
- Unfold the foil so the salmon is uncovered, remove lemon slices and add crab onto the top of salmon. Place salmon back under broiler for 2 to 3 minutes till there is slight browning over caramelization on top.
- Remove from oven. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
Salmon is a great source of anti-inflammatory nutrients that our bodies need.
Consuming salmon frequently can help you lose weight and keep it off. Like other high-protein foods, it helps regulate the hormones that control appetite and make you feel full. In addition, your metabolic rate increases more after eating protein-rich foods like salmon, compared to other foods.
A few reasons to L💝VE salmon
🍣 Salmon is one of the best sources of the long-chain omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA- EPA and DHA have been credited with several health benefits, such as decreasing inflammation, lowering blood pressure, reducing the risk of cancer and improving the function of the cells that line your arteries
🍣Salmon is rich in high-quality protein (I eat leftovers for breakfast 😋)- Protein plays a number of important roles in the body, including helping your body heal after injury, protecting bone health and maintaining muscle mass during weight loss and the aging process
🍣Salmon is an excellent source of B vitamins (B vitamins can help with hormonal balancing)- These vitamins are involved in several important processes in your body, including turning the food you eat into energy, creating and repairing DNA and reducing the inflammation that can lead to heart disease
🍣Salmon is quite high in potassium- Potassium helps control your blood pressure. It also reduces your risk of stroke
🍣 Loaded With Selenium-Selenium is a mineral that helps protect bone health, decreases thyroid antibodies in people with autoimmune thyroid disease and may reduce the risk of cancer
🍣Contains the Antioxidant Astaxanthin-Astaxanthin is a compound linked to several powerful health effects.
🍣May Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease-Eating salmon on a regular basis may help protect against heart disease
🍣May Benefit Weight Control-Consuming salmon frequently can help you lose weight and keep it off.
🍣Can Help Fight Inflammation-Salmon can be a powerful weapon against inflammation.
🍣May Protect Brain Health- A growing number of studies suggest that including salmon in your diet might improve brain function.
Did you know I had an ebook with over 140 pages that journeys through the signs and causes of inflammation, along with how to change your diet to reverse inflammation? It was for my gut health participants last year. The plan also includes a delicious variety of anti-inflammatory options to choose from to aid in reducing inflammation in the body. The recipes and grocery list involved helps to make it easier for planning for dietary changes that lead to a healthier lifestyle.